Some of the best quotes from Abraham Lincoln, the greatest President in the history of the United States.
- " Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
- "I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday."
- "If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend."
- "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
- "The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
- "Whatever you are, be a good one."
- "Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."
- "The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities."
- "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing."
- "On the question of liberty, as a principle, we are not what we have been. When we were the political slaves of King George, and wanted to be free, we called the maxim that "all men are created equal" a self evident truth; but now when we have grown fat, and have lost all dread of being slaves ourselves, we have become so greedy to be masters that we call the same maxim "a self evident lie.""
- "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."
- "Let every American, every lover of liberty, every well wisher to his posterity, swear by the blood of the Revolution, never to violate in the least particular, the laws of the country; and never to tolerate their violation by others."
- "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
- "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
- "I do not like that man. I must get to know him better."
Nice quotes.. Abraham Lincoln Quotes,"Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."ReplyDelete
Abe Lincoln--what a man. I wonder if he was a fan of cats?ReplyDelete