Here are selected quotes from Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, one of the best classic books of all-time.
- "All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies."
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, I stand before you now because I never stopped dawdling like an eight-year-old on a spring morning on his way to school. Anything can make me stop and look and wonder, and sometimes learn. I am a very happy man. Thank you." - Dr. Hoenikker's Nobel Prize acceptance speech
- "There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look."
- "She hated people who thought too much. At that moment, she struck me as an appropriate representative for almost all mankind."
- "Dr. Hoenikker used to say that any scientist who couldn't explain to an eight-year-old what he was doing was a charlatan."
- "New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become."
- "As Bokonon says: 'Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.'"
- "'No wonder kids grow up crazy. A cat's cradle is nothing but a bunch of X's between somebody's hands, and little kids look and look and look at all those X's...'
'No damn cat, and no damn cradle.'"
- "I remembered The Fourteenth Book of Bokonon, which I had read in its entirety the night before. The Fourteenth Book is entitled, "What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years?" It doesn't take long to read The Fourteenth Book. It consists of one word and a period. This is it: "Nothing.""
- "Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.'"
- "'Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before,' Bokonon tells us. 'He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.'"
Independent candidate Andrew Wilkie, an anti-pokies campaigner, was elected to the Australian House of Representatives seat of 카지노 사이트 Denison at the 2010 federal election. Wilkie was certainly one of 4 crossbenchers who supported the Gillard Labor government following the hung parliament outcome. Wilkie instantly started forging ties with Xenophon as quickly because it was obvious that he was elected. A vary of percentages is about in the sport software and selected remotely. A generally used method to avoid playing laws in a number of} states was to award food prizes. For this reason, a number of} gumball and other vending machines were regarded with distrust by the courts.ReplyDelete